Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Gluta Tawas Calamansi by Angel Touch Review



When I made my review for the Treechada Underarm Serum, I mentioned that I ran out of stocks for the Mamala Virgin Deo Cream and I've been busy finding an alternative for my underarm since then. If you've read that review, I ended up with smelly underarms which has been giving me a headache since then.  😣

During this "hiatus" from the best underarm cream for me, a lot of affordable underarm/multi-purpose cream came out of the market claiming that they can whiten your underarm for a very affordable price. From the name itself, Tawas Calamansi plus Gluta, three of the popular ingredients that's been around for a decade that are popular for their whitening effects although Tawas and Calamansi (pure) didn't help me with my underarm problems before however, I was one of those who used these during my elementary and high school days. As for the third ingredient which is Gluta, there was a time when we talk about Gluta and we know they don't come cheap. They used to be so expensive especially for the students with a tight budget, not just for students but also for those who don't have the luxury to indulge in cosmetics that are making the waves. 

Just a quick info about these three: 

Tawas
 •Alum Powder or commonly known as Tawas in Asia (specifically the Philippines) is known for its odor prevention and whitening effect. Tawas works by eliminating the odor-causing bacteria so the body would not smell while maintaining the natural way of sweating. 

Calamansi
 •Calamansi is a popular skin care ingredient because of its many beauty benefits. This tangy, sour fruit has a potent enough formulation to help that stubborn dark underarm skin become lighter in just a few days time. This is because Calamansi contains natural skin whitening properties that renew skin cells to bring out a healthy glow although Calamansi alone proved to be too harsh for the skin. 

Glutathione
 •As a master antioxidant, need I say more? :)

Given the popularity these products gained overtime, I decided to try it. Aside from wanting to get rid of the odor and hopefully maintain my underarms' color after using Mamala Virgin Deo, I also wanted to see if it works given that they are competing with Mamala Virgin Deo Cream, a premium underarm whitening cream. 



Gluta Tawas Calamansi 

For 80php I was able to get my hands on this popular brand of Gluta Tawas Calamansi by Angel Touch which is 10g (per jar) and it comes with SPF70. 
As a multi-purpose cream, it can also be used on your face, neck, elbow, knees and any other dark areas in your body aside from the underarms. 

These are the ingredients:

 •Aloe Vera
 •Glutathione
 •Aluminum Chlorohydrate
 •Calamansi Extract
 •Titanium Dioxide

During the first 2 days of usage, I kinda like it. "Kinda" is the word because unlike the Treechada Underarm Serum wherein my underarms would start to smell after about 15-30 minutes of application, this one lasted for a few hours. If I use it in the morning, my underarms would start to smell come late afternoon. Haha. I saw that as something that is positive after what the Treechada  Serum has done to my underarms. 
Also, I noticed that after applying the cream, it will make your underarm look like it whitened because it leaves off a white streak on your skin. It's like you're using a foundation on your underarms hence, the illusion that it caused your underarms to whiten. But that was fine with me though as long as it gives me a break from the pesky odor even if it's just for a few hours.

On the third day though, that's when the product started to disappoint me. Just like the Serum, the so-called odor protection is gone. And to make matters worse, I noticed that my underarms started to darken after using it for a week. :( I continued to use the product because I wanted to see if it will live up to its promise that it can whiten your underarm. Granted, my underarms at that time are still white even though the Treechada Serum took away the brightening and smoothening effects of Mamala Virgin Deo but still, at least it was still white. I wanted to see if it can help me maintain that color.
At first, I thought I was just being biased because I ended up really disappointed with this product but then, my family started to noticed it as well. They said my underarms went back to how it looked like while I was waiting for my first jar of Mamala Virgin Deo to arrive. :(

Below is a photo which was taken after one week of using this product. 😱


And this photo was taken after I scooped the last cream from that jar. 😭


From white and smooth underarms to smelly and now, this. So disappointing. I was told there are other brands that are better than this one (the one I used is by Angel Touch) but I don't think I would want to try another Tawas Calamansi with Gluta Cream. It's affordable compared to the MVD Cream, however, for me, it is something that shouldn't be compared to the premium underarm whitening cream. It didn't work for me. While what works for me may not necessarily work for you (this has been said way too many times on my previous reviews) however, I wouldn't recommend this product. Just like how the saying goes: "D bale nang mahal wag lang sa mura kung san mapapamura ka naman sa huli".  👍
I just can't wait for the new stocks of the Mamala Virgin Deo Cream to arrive so I can start working on getting rid of my underarm problems again. 🙏🙏🙏

How about you? What's your experience with the Tawas Calamansi Cream? Share your thoughts! 👍

x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Chicwish

    ReplyDelete